Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Designing from a Photograph

West Virginia continues to bloom and the skies continue to go from sunshine to black!


More storms are heading  our way this evening.

*********************
OK, WHO put water in the tub???

Pip kitty loves the claw foot bathtub that I have upstairs.  He happily jumps in it when I am up there.  This Easter we had family visiting and Pip had a surprise.  He jumped in the bathtub and got his feet a bit wet!





********************
A photograph has been selected for my next rug. The photo was first enlarged on my computer to poster size.  I use grayscale print and I also used the erase feature around the background so that there would not be an excess of black toner used.  There are some programs that have a "coloring book" feature and that is indeed ideal.  Taking it to be enlarged is another option.  That for me is an hour away and this time I choose to do it myself.  Everything is taped together and taped down.  I find the center and mark it on the pattern and the foundation material.  Using the suggestions of the Rug Hookers list on Yahoo, I purchased the material (Sediment Shield) at Lowes to transfer the pattern. In this store it came in 30 foot roll. ( Let me know if you need some :O) Today I need to look at the photograph a bit and complete the transfer on to rug warp.  The size has been selected, the added 4 inches around the foundation material added.



   The line you see is paper protecting the draft board from my markers!










      May each of you have a safe week, may the wind and storms miss you completely, may the water stay out of your basements and your roof stay on your homes.    

Happy rug making!

No comments: