Sunday, September 16, 2012

Country Living in Columbus OH

Country Living Fair came to Columbus over the weekend.  The Buckeye Rug Hooking Guild had a wonderful demo going on with many of the gals in attendance.  Before the rush hit I managed to take a few photographs....once the gates were open it was high activity......people everywhere!





Smiling faces!


Wonderful art rugs!
 


Shirley, my cow and I were seated on the right front.  She has been neglected for quite some time as I worked on other rugs.  Usually a smaller frame would have been more convenient but I decided it was her turn.  As we walked through the crowd she was bundled in a carrying tote.  I wondered if she looked a bit like a body I was carrying around.  The night before it was late evening as I arrived at the hotel. I took a tour of downtown Columbus(oops), until Thomas (aka Tom Tom) assisted me on to the hotel.


When the next group of rug makers arrived it was time to tour the Country Living Fair for my first visit.  It was my kind of day, spending time with active and creative women, answering questions and urging those with an interest to go for it! .......then looking at things being created and items of the past with histories of their own....ummm did I mention the food, and shopping.

Sometimes the Country does come to the city :)

Try rug hooking memories.....have a good week!

2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lee ~
Sounds like great fun!!! Glad you had a good time.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Beautiful displays. Sounds fun!